CHENEGA PROFESSIONAL SERVICES SBU
Company Job Title
Senior Proposal Writer PS SBU
Chenega Job Title
Technical Writer IV
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Senior Proposal Writer is responsible for authoring and editing content for proposals and responses to RFPs, RFIs and RFQs for current and potential clients. The Senior Proposal Writer will work with key stakeholders both independently and as a member of a team to develop proposal sections, such as, but not limited to: corporate and executive summaries, past performance volumes, technical approaches, management plans, and other documents in support of the overall proposal effort. This individual will interview and work directly with subject matter experts, program managers, and the business development team to collect, tailor, and translate content to ensure appropriate messaging. Additionally, the Senior Proposal Writer will be responsible for rewriting text to ensure clarity and consistency in approach and compliance to RFP requirements and process.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Writes, edits, collects and coordinates content for multiple concurrent RFPs, RFIs and RFQs
- Interviews and collaborates directly with SMEs and other stakeholders (Program Managers, Capture Managers, Business Unit and Subsidiary Leadership) to collect, tailor and translate content to ensure appropriate messaging in compliance with solicitation documentation including RFPs, RFTOPs, RFP Amendments, and Answers to Questions.
- Work with essential team members to derive storyboards, outlines, win themes, approach/methodologies and strategies
- Responsible for rewriting text to ensure clarity, consistency, and compliance in a timely manner following established RFP process
- Creates and uses proposal templates following Chenega standards and best practices to ensure proposals are compliant
- Maintains documents within SharePoint for future reference
- Ensures proposals are properly formatted and in line with Chenega standards
- Coordinates and manages the efforts of multiple contributors
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or a related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as a technical writer authoring portions of proposals, RFPs or similar documents in federal contracting and/or government environments preferred.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Superior grammar, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to independently author proposal sections, with a dual focus on both product quality and timeliness.
- Strong editing and proof-reading skills as well as an understanding of industry standard proposal best practices.
- Creativity, flexibility, organization, time management, and listening skills.
- Ability to adhere to proposal and RFP response deadlines.
- Compliance with all processes and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure team environment.
- Ability to collaborate with business development executives on special projects and initiatives (white papers, website content, and other marketing material).
- Expert-level ability in Microsoft Office Suite, with experience in document structure, Word styles, templates, charts, and graphs
- Knowledge of federal government contracting
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Chenega Corporation Professional Services SBU
Oct 24, 2020, 1:53:47 AM
Strategic Business Unit
Posted 1mo ago
Apply For This Job