Think you have the perfect combination of IT knowledge and writing skills? We’re looking for a few experienced writers to join our team.
What We're Looking For
We are looking for experienced freelance writers to cover the complicated and ever-changing world of IT, and present complex solutions in a way that’s easy to understand for both new and experienced readers.
We’re looking for writers with specific expertise in at least a few of the following fields. General Linux/Windows system administration experience is expected.
• Experience running system deployments on cloud services (AWS, Azure, GCP, DO)
• Solutions architecture, the ability to design and deploy appropriate services to meet a business need
• DevOps, Agile development
• Docker & Containers
• Machine learning, big data computing
• Database administration
• Cloud-based web hosting
• Programming & software development
Here are examples of some of our previous articles so you can get an idea of what we’re looking for in terms of quality and content. Please make sure to look through these before you decide to apply:
• Explainer: How Do You Actually Use Regex? - https://www.cloudsavvyit.com/921/how-do-you-actually-use-regex/
• Explainer: What a Data Breach Policy Is and Why You Need One - https://www.cloudsavvyit.com/7778/what-a-data-breach-policy-is-and-why-you-need-one/
• Presenting a business solution: How to Set Up an Elasticsearch Analytics and Monitoring Panel for Your Business - https://www.cloudsavvyit.com/6929/how-to-set-up-an-elasticsearch-analytics-and-monitoring-panel-for-your-business/
• Linux how-to article: How to Extract and Sort Columns Out of Log Files on Linux - https://www.cloudsavvyit.com/640/how-to-extract-and-sort-columns-out-of-log-files-on-linux/
• Linux how-to article: How to Migrate a Linux Server To New Hardware - https://www.cloudsavvyit.com/7664/how-to-migrate-a-linux-server-to-new-hardware/
• Cloud Guide: How to Get Started with CloudWatch for AWS Monitoring - https://www.cloudsavvyit.com/2014/how-to-get-started-with-cloudwatch-for-aws-monitoring/
• Cloud Explainer: What Are AWS Elastic Network Interfaces (ENIs), and How Do You Use Them? - https://www.cloudsavvyit.com/3993/what-are-aws-elastic-network-interfaces-enis-and-how-do-you-use-them/
• Expert knowledge and experience writing in the topics listed above. We will be asking for writing samples, so please provide links to your work in (or along with) your resume.
• Able to write tips, how-to articles, and explainers about complex systems and topics that are clear and easy to understand to new readers. You should be able to generate article ideas, take suggestions, and make topics interesting and exciting.
• Experience working in WordPress preferable
• Basic screenshot and image editing chops.
• Detail-oriented and deadline focused, with a get-things-done attitude
• Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality, including the ability to cite reliable sources for your material
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude
• Write a set number of articles per week (that we’ll decide together based on your availability)
• We expect weekly article pitches, and will occasionally have articles to assign
About the Job
• Freelance writing starting at $125 per article
• Articles are assigned weekly, and we’ll need them turned in regularly
• Remote work. You will be working from home and should have your own computer with reliable Internet access.
LifeSavvy Media is an online media company, with a reach of over 30 million readers monthly. Our sites including How-To Geek, ReviewGeek, LifeSavvy. CloudSavvyIT, and MindBounce
Posted 1w agoApply For This Job