The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Technical Writer to provide support on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
Perform the full range of Senior Technical Writer/Editor duties as necessary to support software development, SQA and UAT systems including developing/updating, analyzing, and maintaining project documents and deliverables in accordance with established guidelines and processes.
- Provide drafting, review, and presentation of technical and administrative topics for a federal government program.
- Develop and edit documentation for systems development programs.
- Experience developing and updating templates.
- Develop graphics and utilize desktop publishing tools to demonstrate technical systems.
- Maintain documentation and version control in a shared repository such as SharePoint.
- Support reviews and editing for grammar, content and style of writing.
- Engage with Subject Matter Experts to develop and review program documentation.
- US Citizenship.
- Eligibility to obtain DHS Suitability (required to start work).
- Bachelor's degree is required - studies in a related discipline is desired.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience supporting technical writing for a government program.
- Experience supporting technical writing for systems/software development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience with Visio.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and adhere to competing deadlines.
- Current DHS Suitability is highly desired.
- Familiarity with Department of Homeland Security terminology
Posted 1w ago
Apply For This Job